Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Story Four from "A Symphony of Short Stories"



Story Four: THE CATTLE CLASS

From the Diary of Melissa Ranter

Can I just say it again – I really can’t stand travelling long haul flights on economy class. I call them ‘cattle class’.



I hate it even more when the airlines started bringing their prices down, so that 'now everyone can fly’. No, seriously – some people should not be allowed to fly. In fact, they should not even be allowed to leave their house!

I’ll tell you why I have such deep contempt for the cattle class.

For starters, the seats are the size of peanuts. I mean, come on! Have they seriously not seen the sizes of our ass or what? Squeezing us all into the pathetic contrapment they call a seat would not make our ass stay that small, ok. In fact, most of us are just bulging out of our seams and leaking onto the next wretched seat.



Secondly, what’s with that rigid metal piece plunked in between each seat? That should not even be called an armrest. It should be called, a steel divider to keep everyone in their place. No two passengers can place their arms on these things. Have you tried? It only accommodates barely half an arm from each passenger. And the one who gets stuck in the middle seat will always have my sincere sympathy.

Thirdly, do you ever notice how there is NEVER enough overhead cabin storage in Cattle Class? I mean, there are so many more of us in the back, and yet we have to squash all our allowed number of carry-on items into that miserable shared space. Surely, they must know by now that it is simply not working! Those passengers in the front have more storage space but they hardly carry anything onboard. They should just re-distribute the storage space – seriously! Every time I try to open the over-head cabin, it’s like opening a jack in the box. Only, it’s not a funny surprise I get. It’s a collage of wreckage. 

Oh how I hate smelly people in the plane and more than anything else, smelly feet! For the life of me, I cannot comprehend why the people in cattle class never take showers. Well, they don’t smell like they take any showers at all! Do they like deliberately not shower for 3 days and then get into the plane just to aggravate people like me who have a high regard for personal hygiene? Try sitting over 5 hours being sandwiched by two very un-attractive and smelly passengers. You’ll learn a new meaning of pain very quickly.



THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE BOOK: "LIFE IS A JOURNEY - A SYMPHONY OF SHORT STORIES".

THE BOOK IS BEING PUBLISHED AS WE SPEAK, BOTH IN HARD COPY AND E-FORMAT. 

HOPE YOU LIKE IT ENOUGH TO BUY THE BOOK WHEN IT IS OUT. I WILL UPDATE AGAIN. 

THANKS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://shirleymaya.com