Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Story One from "A Symphony of Short Stories"





Story One: THE WAIT-LIST

Today, I received a special delivery from Fedex.

It's from Richard.

He is still in Paris but wanted to send me something really important, so his text message said. He added that he would be back in a month’s time.

Excitedly, I opened the slim package. Inside the brown envelope was an ornate ivory card. It looked very much like a wedding invite. My heart froze. With a slight tremor, I opened the card. There was a hand written note inside.

 


 It reads:

“Amanda, you know that you are the most important person in my life. So, this is why you are the first person to receive my wedding invite. Yes, I am getting married! I still can’t believe it! I met the most wonderful woman. Her name is Simone. She is stunning and I know you two will hit it off instantly. I can’t wait for you to meet her next month! As you are my best buddy in the world, it would mean a lot to me if you’d be my “Best Man”. Well, it’s “Best Mate” in your case! Please say yes! Love you!

Rich”

I stared at the words over and over again, hoping that the meaning would change every time I looked at it.

How did this happen?
Why is the right man for me marrying someone else?
Where did I go wrong?


THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE BOOK: "LIFE IS A JOURNEY - A SYMPHONY OF SHORT STORIES". 

THE BOOK IS BEING PUBLISHED AS WE SPEAK, BOTH IN HARD COPY AND E-FORMAT. 

HOPE YOU LIKE IT ENOUGH TO BUY THE BOOK WHEN IT IS OUT. I WILL UPDATE AGAIN. 

THANKS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://shirleymaya.com