Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 24: Tuesday, 13th April 2010

DAY TWENTY-FOUR: Tuesday, 13th April 2010


This is my second bout of cold and cough.

Argh...

I think this Drolchok Puja is really powerful, because the purification process is amazing.

Let me tell you what happened ever since we started doing the Drolchok Puja on Monday 12th April. Yes, it is the same Tara Puja that I wrote about earlier and about making tormas as offerings to Tara. Remember?

Well, I guess the biggest purification (for now) is the absence of maid.

Other than that, it is this lingering headache that will not go away.

Every morning I wake up with it, like a faithful companion.

Then there is this cold and cough that keep coming back.

In fact, I feel like I am being ‘spring-cleaned’ from inside out.

Believe it or not.

So, anyways, I did make myself attend the Puja this evening.

After the puja, I felt slightly better. But I know, it does not end here.

In many instances, purification may get ugly and for some, it may even get worse fr a while before it gets better.

Imagine it is like a detox.

Would you not expect to see all the toxins washed out?

So, it is like that.

Some people are afraid of it because they can’t bear with it, but I do sincerely appreciate.

Because I know I must have accumulated tonnes of bad karma from the beginning of time.

Hence, it is good to be purifying all those things, so that better things can come my way.

So, bring it on. I can take it because it is good for me.


Anyways, this is my DAY TWENTY-FOUR :-

Weight: 54kg

No. Of Prostrations: 35

Daily Sadhanas: Check and Done with Death Meditation and Dzambala Mantra.

Physical Exercise: Nil. Not feeling well at all.

Daily Reflection from "IF NOT NOW, WHEN?" – Here we go. I close my eyes and I picked out page 057.



Quote from Page 057 for Day Twenty-Four:

“CHOOSE TO BE PART OF THE PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION.”




Personal Thoughts and Feelings:

What a mind-blowing statement!

I think we can get enlightened by just this line alone.

Because if we truly believe that we are part of the solution, then we would start acting like one and start embodying all the qualities of one.

If we don’t, then we remain as we are.

And personally, my reason for spiritual practice is to become part of the solution.

That is truly my reason of being.

So, I use what I have and am good at doing, to be part of the solution.

In this way, I find that I am giving the best of me to becoming part of the solution.

There are so many different individuals in the world, each bestowed with their own unique talents and gifts.

We could all use everyone’s great ideas and help to make better solutions.

It is really impossible for one to know all and do all.

WE could do so much better when we open up and invite people in – all kinds of people.

Then we will build a world that is all inclusive and not exclusive.

I’ll leave with this nice thought and dream about it.

Until tomorrow, ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://shirleymaya.com