Thursday, April 1, 2010

DAY TEN: Stylo, Lady Gaga & Spirituality - Who would have guessed?!

DAY TEN: Tuesday, 30th March 2010


I know that I am running a few days behind in my postings.

Please forgive me.

It has been very busy at my end. Almost didn’t even have the time to pee.

It was one big mad dash from one place to another.

At night, I ended up in the Opening of Stylo. Yup, a real Red Carpet Event - Malaysian-style!

Yeah, you wonder what I mean. All I can say is that, it has to be experienced in order to know it.

And then you might end up asking, is it really worth it???

Stylo one of the more glamourous fashion events in Malaysia that is tied in with F1.

My Dharma sisters and I went there to support a dear fellow Dharma brother of Kechara, Bill Keith. He is a well known fashion designer in Malaysia. His closing of the whole show was really amazing. He did his own tribute to Lady Gaga and even had his models wore white masks which could light up. Yes, you have to see it to believe. It was a hoot!

To cap it off, his show was the only one with a live performance. Yes, he had a singer dressed up in a toned down version of Lady Gaga, but with this huge amazing voice and she sang, “Bad Romance”.

I only wished that the whole Stylo event was as creatively done and executed, as Bill's closing show. I will probably get a lot of flak by saying this, but it is the truth and so, I will go ahead and just say it,

“Stylo may be tied with F1 and Mercedes Benz and even VISA, but it will take a while before it is actually on par with its sponsors, in terms of quality, creativity and originality. And I would stress again on the words: CREATIVITY and ORIGINALITY.”

As far as I know, only one Style Diva can actually pull it off in a fun, innovative and yet touching way. And that is, Dato’ Farah Khan.

When she holds an event or a party – it is always kick-ass!

Just by looking at the woman and the way she carries herself - Dato’ Farah puts the style in fashion. Effortlessly so.

May be the main organizer of Stylo should consider learning a thing or two from Dato’ Farah Khan and her team.

And one more thing, while on stage, making your great big speech, please smile a little. Stylo’s main organizer looked like she was ready to chew someone’s head off.

I was half expecting her to start shouting, “Off with her head!” at any moment on stage.

And I do not even want to talk about the two Emcees they had.

No offence. Just being honest here and making suggestions.

Ok, will keep my kitty cat claws back in now and share with you all, what transpired in my Day Ten.


Weight: 54 kg (GAWD. Is this really it?!)

No. Of Prostrations: 25

Daily Sadhanas: Check and Done!

Physical Exercise: Nil. Must work extra hard tomorrow to make it all up.


Daily Reflection from "IF NOT NOW, WHEN?" - Ok, let's do this. My eyes are closed my eyes and I picked out page 063.

OMG – you wouldn’t believe what it says on page 063. Hahaha


Quote from Page 063 for Day Ten:

It says BOLDY: CHAPTER 04: “HARMONY & CONFLICT”



“It is easy to be nice to someone who is nice to you. They are nice to you, you are nice to them. That is not religion, that is not spiritualism, that is not Catholicism, that is not Jesus, that is not Buddha that is not God. It is nice and easy to be nice to someone who is nice to you, but it is not easy to be nice to someone who is not nice to you. Religion and spiritual practice is being nice and patient to people who are not to you.


A tear can be ego and anger can be compassion. Anger can be ego and tears can be compassion. It depends on where it arises from.”



Personal Thoughts and Feelings:

Ok. Please excuse me now.

I have to eat up all my comments about the Stylo event and especially, about the main organizer.

Hold on a minute. There are a quite a lot of tough bits to chew here.

(Intermission plays as Shirley chews and chews till her jaws ached and finally she swallows, much to her distaste)

Ok, I am back.

Yes, I had a little too much fun picking on Stylo. I CONFESS. I ADMIT.

So, where it arises from isn’t genuine concern for them so that they can be advised to deliver a better event next year.

I was more interested in voicing my own dislike for how the whole event was managed and organised. Despite the fact that I could very well have good ideas to share or constructive comments to make, I should speak from sincere concern and not self-indulgent point of views.

I should not personalize it. It is not about me, after all.

Yes, must make a mental note of that - each and every time before I decide to open my mouth or whip out my "writing sword".

So, it is not always easy to know where one’s true intent or emotion arises from. But if we go back and check deeper, we can always find out the truth.

If we are found to be having too much fun doing it and are beginning to indulge it with a sense of glee, just like I have just demonstrated above, then more than likely, it cannot have arisen from care, kindness, and compassion.

So, I humbly offer my sincere apologies to Stylo and the main organizer of Stylo.

I hope that they will be able to do a better job next year that is not only on par with their fellow global sponsors, and get the right input or help from those who are well known/experienced in pulling off events that are creative, original and fun way.

Why? Because challenging oneself to do better should never stop. And then before you know it, you may not be following te trends anymore, you have become a "trend-setter". So, Stylo, go for it and take it all the way.
However I will not retract my comments about the main organizer smiling more, but I will retract my comments likening her to the Red Queen of Alice in the Wonderland. Because smiles are important and it conveys warmth and friendship. And her smile would have brightened up her entire face like a beautiful butterfly, which is always lovely to see on any man, woman or child.

There, I did it differently this second time around.

Harmony and Conflict.

Got it. Lesson learnt.

So, think about it deeply before we open our mouths so casually or callously next time.

It might even win us a new friend or heal an old wound.

Better yet, it might have stopped something from escalating to worse.

So, choose our words wisely and always start with care.

In that way, we cannot go wrong. Well, at least, not so wrong, because we actually sincerely care.

That’s it for Day Ten.

Now, I need to start catching up on the days I am behind.
 
See you all real soon! Day Eleven is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://shirleymaya.com