Saturday, May 15, 2010

DAY 54: SIMPLE DEEDS, SMALL GESTURES

DAY FIFTY-FOUR: Thursday, 13th May 2010


Finally, a day to breathe a little.

All the major works are done, and sent out.

Now, I have a moment to breathe in and out without a mad rush and dash.

So, after weeks of madness and mayhem having a parade every single day – I finally can dance a whole parade by myself.

So, I decided to do something nice NOT for myself for a change.

I decided to cook for my whole family because my parents’ maid had also run away this last Saturday. Imagine that. (What did I tell you about things just kept happening?! HAHA)

Anyways, my mother has been cooking all our meals and running around the house like a headless chicken.

Not that I have been home much because I was so tied up with my own work and was mostly bound to my own home.

But usually, everyone in the family eats together at my parents’ house. Especially, dinners.

So, I thought I would be a good daughter and relive her for one day.

And I did just that.

Before cooking dinner, I took her out for a coffee break and we had cheese-cakes.

I sat opposite her, listening to her stories for the 4th or 5th time. Until she was well emptied out of her own frustrations and sadness.

I could not solve all her problems because most of hers also lie within her own mind set. But I provided her with what she needed most at that time, a sympathetic ear.

Then later at night, when everyone got home from work, they all ate dinner together.

Me? I never eat after I cook.

I don’t know why but it has always been like that.

In any case, they were all fed well.

Above all, my mum was a little relieved and that made me happy.


So, now for my DAY FIFTY-FOUR :-

Weight: 52kg

No. Of Prostrations: 60

Daily Sadhanas: Check and Done with Death Meditation and Dzambala Mantra.

Physical Exercise: no time – it is all work, work, work

Daily Reflection from "IF NOT NOW, WHEN?" – Here we go. I close my eyes and I picked out page 057.



Quote from Page 057 for Day Fifty-Four:

“CHOOSE TO BE PART OF THE PROBLEM OR PART OF THE SOLUTION.”







Personal Thoughts and Feelings:

Needless to say, this is one of my favourite quotes.

Sometimes even when we cannot become part of the solution, we can stop ourselves from being part of the problem – and that would be a great help in itself.

In the case of my family, I always find that I cannot really help them much and I can’t resolve anything for them in actual sense, but by providing some form of relief, it can soothe the mind and spirit a great deal – even if it is for a brief respite.

Sometimes a brief respite allows one to recuperate so that they can go back into their daily battles once again, or continue facing them.

We cannot fight someone else’s war for them, no matter how much we love them.

We certainly can’t choose the battles for them either.

But we can give offer them a temporary shelter from all their chaos, just enough for them to gather their strength and rise again.

And that is helping a lot as it is.

Relief gives them a temporary shelter from the barrage of problems so that each person can recuperate and then continue with their own battles once again.

Life’s battles can only be fought and won by the individual in question.

We can’t fight someone else’s war nor choose the battles for others, but we can help in various other ways. This is something within our powers to do so. And what a difference that could make to that particular individual!


For my mum’s case, she managed to smile for the rest of the day and frowned a lot less.

SOMETIMES A SIMPLE GESTURE CAN BRING SUCH COMFORTS, IF NOT RELIEF - EVEN IF IT IS A BRIEF RESPITE AT THAT.
 
WE ALL NEED A LITTLE BREAK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE SO THAT WE CAN CONTINUE WITH OUR OWN BATTLES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://shirleymaya.com